Thursday 19 June 2008

Driving slow on Sunday morning



In February, earlier this year, my sister and I went to see Maroon 5's "Won't be soon After Long" tour. They were touring UK, and to my great joy, they had a show down the road from me at the Nottingham Arena, Nottingham's biggest venue.


We showed up early to see their opening band- Dashboard Confessionals. They're pretty good, still with the amateur rocker attitude. But their mixing wasn't good, and I'd forgotten my earplugs (which I'm supposed to wear amidst loud noise), so only really enjoyed my favourite track of theirs: "Vindicated."


Then came the band we had been anticipating for months: Maroon 5!

I can't really recall the order of their set. But they mainly played from the 2nd album, which had just released a few weeks before.

The crowd was going crazy during "Makes me Wonder." We were missing out on the excitement on the floor, but I think we'd learnt our lesson headbanging at the V Festival, and had swapped our tickets for seats on the bleachers. But I think it was a good trade for my poor ears!

It was pretty happening back at the bleachers, all of us dancing away to "Sunday Morning", "This Love" and swaying and waving phones at the all time favourite "She Will be Loved."

Their mixing was a tad better, although not great. But their Lighting was Amazing. They had a big M on the stage and mad lights changing throughout. I took a couple of shots from the bleachers. All in all though, was a rush to see them Live!

No comments:

Armeen Musa's Fan Box